Extra Curricular Activities
The following pages give examples of how we enhance the curriculum at St Mary's by providing lots of additional activities for the children. These could be
- SCHOOL CLUBS run by School staff and by external organisations.
- Visits – walk around the village, day trip to London, residential visit in Years 4, 5 and 6
- MUSIC LESSONS * – individual lessons organized and run by Surrey Arts and Rocksteady, music assemblies, talent competitions organized by the children
- SCHOOL TRIPS & RESIDENTIAL STAYS * - Each year group is given the opportunity to go on a school trip related to a topic of their learning. From Year 4, 5 & 6 residentail trips are offered to all children.
- SCHOOL PLAYS & PRODUCTIONS - There are two major school productions each year.
* Charging Policies - The School Governors' charging and remissions policy is based upon the principle that pupils are not deprived of participating in any educational activity because of their parents' inability to pay.
However, it is a fact that the basic budget for schools is limited. Continual support and voluntary financial contributions from parents are essential if special activities, residential stays and day visits are to take place.
Please support us by enabling these visits to continue. Visits not receiving sufficient financial support from parents will be cancelled.