At St. Mary’s we believe, that in order to actively promote and uphold our ethos and aims, we should have a behaviour management plan that seeks to accentuate and encourage positive behaviour throughout the school to celebrate and recognise positive behaviour. Rewards are linked closely to our school values which have been agreed by all stakeholders and represent what matters most to us as a school community as well as reflecting the Christian distinctiveness of our school.
- To promote a high standard of pupil behaviour, enabling effective teaching and learning to take place.
- To provide positive role models of good behaviour throughout all sections of the school community.
- To encourage good behaviour through positive reinforcement of appropriate behaviour.
- To enhance pupils’ self esteem and levels of motivation through clear standards of acceptable behaviour.
- To encourage good relationships between pupils, between adults and pupils and between staff, Governors, parents and other adults connected with the school.
- To identify the agreed Rewards and Sanctions procedures which promote good pupil behaviour through rewards, recognition and praise.
In order to do this we have adopted a list of school values which underpin all aspects of school life including behaviour. These values are frequently referred to and are displayed around the school and in each classroom.
Each class regularly discuss our values which reminds them of the behaviours and attitudes that is expected at all times.
The Governing Body of St Mary’s School award termly REACH Awards. The REACH Award is designed to recognise those children that have best embodied the School’s Golden Rules. Follow the link to read more ...REACH+Awards