St Mary’s C of E Primary School is committed to creating an environment where exemplary behaviour is at the heart of productive learning. Everyone is expected to maintain the highest standards of personal conduct, to accept responsibility for their behaviour and encourage others to do the same. As members of our community, we adhere to the 'St Mary's Way' of being: ‘Ready, Respectful and Safe’.
- Provide a safe, comfortable and caring environment where optimum learning takes place.
- Provide clear guidance for children, staff and parents of expected levels of behaviour.
- Use a consistent and calm approach.
- Ensure all adults take responsibility for managing behaviour and follow-up incidents personally.
- Ensure all adults use consistent language to promote positive behaviour.
- Use restorative approaches instead of punishments.
In order to do this we have adopted a list of school values which underpin all aspects of school life including behaviour. These values are frequently referred to and are displayed around the school and in each classroom. Each class regularly discuss our values which reminds them of the behaviours and attitudes that is expected at all times.
Rewards are linked closely to our school values which have been agreed by all stakeholders and represent what matters most to us as a school community as well as reflecting the Christian distinctiveness of our school.